Definition of Feminism:
1. The theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2. Organized activity on behalf of women’s rights and interests
Here at The Wild Woman Project, We are Feminists.
Feminism is the belief that people of all genders deserve equal rights.
We hope this was obvious, but just in case it wasn’t, we are taking out the guess work.
Unfortunately, some people have a misunderstanding of what Feminism means. If you are looking for resources to further your Feminist Studies or are not quite sure you understand Feminism, we made this page for you.
These are a few of our favorite resources, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We hope these resources act as a springboard for you to launch your own studies, understanding, and relationship with Feminism.
“All too often, when we see injustices, both great and small, we think, That’s terrible, but we do nothing. We say nothing. We let other people fight their own battles. We remain silent because silence is easier. Qui tacet consentire videtur is Latin for ‘Silence gives consent.’ When we say nothing, when we do nothing, we are consenting to these trespasses against us.”
~Roxane Gay, Bad Feminist
- Of Course, The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
- Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
- Feminism is for Everyone by bell hooks
- Full Frontal Feminism by Jessica Valenti
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
- Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism, and the Future by Jennifer Baumgardner (Author), Amy Richards (Author)
- At the Root of This Longing: Reconciling a Spiritual Hunger and a Feminist Thirst by Carol L. Flinders
I’m a feminist. I’ve been a female for a long time now. It’d be stupid not to be on my own side.Maya Angelou
I think every woman in our culture is a feminist. They may refuse to articulate it, but if you were to take any woman back 40 years and say ‘is this the world you want to live in?’ they would say ‘no’.Helen Mirren
God may be in the details, but the goddess is in the questions. Once we begin to ask them, there’s no turning back.Gloria Steinem
Movies & Documentaries
- She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry
- Gloria Steinem In Her Own Words
- Miss Representation
- The Punk Singer
- Half the Sky
We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.